The Young Vic theatre is offering a paid training and development opportunity as part of a pilot mentorship scheme for emerging Musical Directors on the new musical MANDELA.
No prior experience working in theatre is necessary and the organisation is eager to hear from individuals aspiring to learn, with an interest in gaining valuable experience on a large-scale new musical.
As part of the Young Vic’s commitment to developing and championing diverse new talent across the sector, they are particularly keen to hear from Black and Global Majority candidates and those who connect to the story and context of Mandela.
Information for applicants
Applicants must demonstrate that they have:
- A strong level of piano skill, that demonstrates comfort both in groove-based music but also comfort reading music on the page
- Comprehensive sight reading skills
- A knowledge of conducting and experience being conducted in an ensemble
- Musical notation, arranging or composition using Sibelius or similar
- Experience of, or interest in working on a musical theatre production with actors, dancers and musicians.
The closing date for applications is 10pm on Sunday 9 October 2022, with interviews taking place Thursday 13 or Friday 14 October 2022.
The Young Vic will get back in touch with everyone to confirm applications have been received.
For full information, how to apply and to download an audition pack, please visit the Young Vic’s Assistant Musical Director vacancy page.