Steinberg Media Technologies announced the immediate release of the latest version of its Cubase software, Cubase 10.5, on 13 November 2019. The software includes a range of new features and enhancements to its Pro and Artist editions. Cubase Elements 10.5 will follow soon.
30 years after the software’s original launch, Cubase covers a wide range of applications, combining state-of-the-art technologies with a comprehensive feature set ideal for composing, recording, editing and mixing music. The full feature set is available in the Pro edition with the Artist and Elements versions offering simpler options for less demanding users and beginners.
Cubase Pro features
Cubase Pro 10.5 comes with several exclusive features that are not included in Cubase Artist and Cubase Elements. These include:
- Spectral Comparison EQ, a new mode in the Channel EQ which allows users to compare the spectral components of two audio signals in order to adjust and bring balance to the mix.
- Import Tracks From Projects, another completely revised feature, simplifying track import from other Cubase projects. Additional track types, such as Group, FX and Folder Tracks, can be selected and imported as well, while the Auto Map function aligns imported tracks with the same name as existing ones.
- Video Export Render, which improves Cubase’s video capability.
Release highlights for all versions
- MultiTap Delay is the latest effects processor to be added to Pro and Artist, providing a creative approach to creating and editing delay, with different presets and numerous parameters ensuring utmost flexibility.
- Colorized Mixer Channels is a new option in the MixConsole which colorizes complete channels and provides an easy overview.
- Combined Select Tools mode, newly implemented in Cubase Pro and Cubase Artist, enables selection tools for objects and ranges to be used together, making track editing easier.
Steinberg’s Senior Marketing Manager for Cubase, Matthias Quellmann, said:
‘With this point five update we put a strong focus on improving the entire workflow and expanding the creative tool set based on the feedback of our global user community.
‘You get many new, very useful features across all three editions, and at the same time, you also get an array of improvements to existing features, making the overall experience with Cubase even more streamlined, more enjoyable, simply the best possible we think you can get from a DAW.’
Availability and pricing
Cubase Pro 10.5 and Cubase Artist 10.5 are available from resellers and through the Steinberg Online Shop.
Suggested retail prices
- Cubase Pro 10.5: €579 (boxed version), €559 (download only)
- Cubase Artist 10.5: €329 (boxed version), euros; €309 (download only)
- Cubase Elements 10.5 (available soon): €99.99 (boxed or downloaded versions)
Please note that download orders are exclusive of USB-eLicensers and that all prices include German VAT.
Various downloadable updates and upgrades, crossgrades, and education versions are exclusively available through the Steinberg Online Shop.