The Soundbeam Project has announced the arrival of Soundbeam 6, the latest incarnation of its award-winning ‘touch-free’ device which uses sensor technology to translate body movement into music and sound.
Like previous incarnations, Soundbeam 6 gives children and adults, regardless of their impairments or disability, the opportunity to play music.
With a wide variety of pre-programmed and easily accessible material to explore, users can expect:
- 11.5″ Touch screen interface with quick and easy navigation of functions
- Extensive library of high-quality instrumental and sampled sounds
- Simplified record and compose functions
- Pre-loaded musical and soundscape setups – each with embedded film, adding a visual dimension to accompany sounds
- HDMI socket for large screen projection
- Ability to record and use own sounds
- Internal mixer to balance levels and add effects
- Ability to use up to 12 samples simultaneously
- Wireless switches
- New design beams
- Resources for teaching music with Soundbeam in the classroom
- Lifetime support from the Soundbeam team