London-based youth charity, Sound Connections, has announced that applications are open for its 2019 Innovate and IMPACT Bursary Programmes.
About the Innovate Bursary Programme
Sound Connections is inviting applications for Innovate, its longstanding programme supporting music projects for children and young people.
Individuals and organisations working with people aged 0-25 in London through music can apply for support and investment of up to £2000 to explore new ideas and approaches.
Innovate provides funding, project mentoring and support to those looking to launch or incubate a project idea and develop fundraising skills.
Applications that will be most well received will:
- have inclusion, accessibility and social justice are at their heart
- work in consultation and collaboration with people aged 25 and under
- focus on Early Years i.e. working with babies and very young children aged 0-5
- consider accessibility from the start by using the principles of the social model of disability
- take a multi-agency approach i.e. working in partnership with non-music partners such as youth centres, Pupil Referral Units, community groups, nurseries etc
Successful candidates will work in close partnership with Sound Connections to develop and deliver their projects.
Last year, Innovate supported:
- a choir for young carers in Brent
- a music technology ensemble for disabled young people in Lambeth
- Early Years music-making in children’s centres in Greenwich and Lewisham
- music workshops for hearing-impaired children in Camden
About the IMPACT Bursary Programme
Sound Connections is inviting applications for its IMPACT Bursary Programme.
Organisations working with people age 0-25 in London through music can apply for a bursary of up to £600 to develop confidence, knowledge and skills in:
- evaluation and impact
- social justice e.g. inclusion, accessibility, diversity and youth voice
The bursaries can cover a range of activities from attending relevant training to receiving coaching or doing a piece of action research. Sound Connections can connect applicants to experts, mentors or trainers to support bursary activity.
Examples of the types of activity bursaries might be used for are:
- support creating an outcomes framework or Theory of Change
- attending impact measurement training e.g. with NPC
- testing out a new approach e.g evaluating creatively
- needs analysis and mapping
- consultation with participants
- time (e.g. an away day or review meetings) for teams to review accessibility, inclusivity and diversity within their organisations and identify steps forward
- time to plan or re-plan a project or activity with the social model of disability at the heart
- team and/or trustee training on topics that might include the social model of disability, youth voice and youth governance
To check eligibility or discuss options, please contact email@example.com.
Deadline for applications
The deadline for applications for both Bursary Programmes is 5pm on Friday 15 March 2019. Applicants are encouraged to book a phone surgery prior to applying. Phone surgeries will be available until Friday 1 March.
For more information and to download application packs for Innovate and IMPACT, please click here.