Surrey Music Hub, Westfield Primary School, Bonsey Lane, Kingfield, Woking GU22 9PR, UK
- To bring together professionals and community groups who work with, or have an interest in supporting newly arrived and vulnerable young people through the arts and music.
- To deliver song writing taster workshops, music workshops, and a celebration concert of participants' experience.
- To develop the musical skills and build the self-confidence of the young musicians.
- To allow tutors, supporters and project partners to also grow through this experience by gaining a better understanding of the challenges these young people face and grow in confidence in engaging with them.
- To inspire participants to join and progress onto other Surrey Arts ensembles and groups.
- To continue to develop what they have learned and explore music genres after the project ends.
I Speak Music is a new project funded by Youth Music, aiming to bring together professionals and community groups who work with, or have an interest in, supporting newly arrived and vulnerable young people (for example: young asylum seekers, young refugees, young people who have been trafficked to UK) through the arts and music.
Between April and December 2018, a team of talented and enthusiastic professional musicians and supporters will work with these young people and deliver a number of workshops, the results of which will be showcased in a celebration concert in December.