Somerset House, Strand, London WC2R, United Kingdom
- Esmée Fairbairn Foundation
- Cockayne Grants for the Arts, The London Community Foundation
- PRS for Music Foundation
Previous Portfolio composers include:
- Chandra Chapman, Artur Vidal and Dan Scott with the Bohman Brothers and Richard Thomas
- Ben Tassie, Chris Roe, Eugene Birman and Lee Westwood with Aluminium Music and Joby Burgess
- Chloe Knibbs, Daniel Kidane and Edward Nesbitt with The Riot Ensemble
- Pia Palme, Luke Nickel, Michael Perrett and Charlie Usher with EXAUDI
- Seth Bennett, Rachel Musson, Shelly Knotts, Julie Kjaer, Shaun Blezard and Anton Hunter with Steve Beresford
- Eloise Gynn, Lee Westwood and Clay Gold with MUSARC
- Egidija Medeksaite, Eugene Birman, Michael Cryne with Ruthless Jabiru
- Beatrice Dillon and Matthias Kispert with Wet Sounds
- Bernard Hughes, Sarah Lianne Lewis and Na'ama Zisser with Juice
- Benjamin Gait, Ben Gaunt, Charlotte Harding and Patrick Jones with Ensemble 10:10
- Kate Whitley, Sakoto Doi-Luck and Kim Ashton with the Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment
- To provide a key development opportunity for composers to create new work with and for some of the UK’s leading ensembles and presenters of new music.
- To enable composers to develop their portfolio of compositions and gain vital artistic and practical insight and experience in working with professional ensembles and presenting organisations, and delivering new work to public audiences.
Portfolio enables them to develop their portfolio of compositions and gain vital artistic and practical insight and experience in working with professional ensembles and presenting organisations and delivering new work to public audiences.
Selected composers are invited to develop a small-scale, short new work for a collaborative partner. These are developed through a series of workshops during which the composer works in close collaboration with the performers supported by an experienced composer mentor. The process culminates in a public performance of the new work within the ensemble’s performance schedule.