Following the Musicians’ Union’s recent observation of the #TheShowMustBePaused campaign, the UK’s largest music membership organisation has started creating a bank of resources to support its members and others, working ‘to dismantle racism globally’.
The Musicians’ Union states:
‘We’re reflecting how our organisation as a union needs to continue to turn awareness into action, and we’ve also pledged to share the resources we’re gathering along our journey with members.
‘Moving forward we’ll also be sharing petitions that you can sign, online protests that you can attend, and both online and offline resources that you can use to educate yourself on anti-racism.’
Support racial justice by donating
If you’re able to donate, your financial contributions to the organisations listed below can have a real impact on the movement to dismantle racism.
Whilst a quick boost of emergency funds can make a huge difference at the beginning of a movement, subscribing to make regular, sustainable donations can help this change sustain momentum.
- UKBLM Fund
- Official George Floyd Memorial Fund (US)
- UK QTIBIPOC Emergency relief & Hardship Fund
- Fund for Belly Mujinga
- Majonzi fund: Covid-19 bereavement fund
- Justice for Emmanuel: worked until death at the MoJ
- United Families and Friends Campaign (UFFC) Family Memorial Fund
- Black Protest Legal Support UK
- Green and Black Cross
- Exist Loudly Fund to Support Queer Black YP
- Donate to a US Bail Fund
- Minnesota Healing Justice Network (US)
- Trans Emergency Release Fund (US)
- Black Visions Collective
- The Runnymede Trust
- The Stephen Lawrence Charitable Trust
- Black Minds Matter UK
- Nina Pop and Tony McDade Mental Health Recovery Fund (Okra Project) – subject line “Nina Pop Fund” or “Tony McDade Fund”)
- Sylvia Rivera Law Project
- Marsha P. Johnson Institute’s Covid-19 Relief Fund
- Trans Justice Funding Project
- LGBTQ Freedom Fund
Organisations in Minneapolis needing immediate support:
- Al Maa’uun – Al Maa’uun is a nonprofit with deep roots in North Minneapolis, serving thousands of households each year with food and critical supplies.
- Black Immigrant Collective – The Black Immigrant Collective amplifies and makes visible the voices of Black immigrants in Minnesota.
- Black Table Arts – Gathering Black communities through the arts, towards better black futures.
- Black Women Speak – Gathering Black Women in Minnesota to share their experiences in order to heal, find joy and move toward liberation on our own terms!
- Centro de Trabajadores Unidos en Lucha – CTUL is a worker-led organization where workers organize, educate and empower each other to fight for a voice in their workplaces and in their communities.
- Division of Indian Work – Division of Indian Work’s mission is to support and strengthen urban American Indian people through culturally-based education, traditional healing approaches, and leadership development. We provide many services to the community but the most relevant one right now is our food shelf.
- Du Nord Riot Recovery Fund – Du Nord Craft Spirits is a Black-owned distillery with a building that was damaged. They’ve “received a tidal wave of love and support from across the nation and many have asked how they can help… Therefore, Du Nord is establishing this fund to support black and brown companies affected by the riots.”
- Femme Empowerment Project- Venmo @femmeempowermentproject. Skill shares and discussions led by and for QTIIBPOC femmes in the twin cities. Creating space for cultural resiliency, healing and ancestral wisdom. Currently organizing supplies and medic trainings.
- Isuroon – Isuroon is a grassroots nonprofit organization working to promote the well-being and empowerment of Somali women in Minnesota and beyond.
- Joyce Preschool – emergency fund for families who had to evacuate their homes near Lake Street last week, and who are now coming back to a devastated neighborhood with no grocery stores within walking distance.
- Latino Community on Lake Street – fundraiser for Latinx owned businesses on Lake Street.
- Little Earth Residents Association – Food and safety needs for residents of Little Earth of United Tribes.
- Migizi Communications – MIGIZI Communications advances a message of success, well-being and justice for the American Indian community. Support them rebuilding after fire.
- Northside business support – support businesses on Minneapolis’s Northside that have been impacted by recent demonstrations.
- Pimento Relief Fund – Partnering with Pimento to provide black business without insurance relief after white supremacists set them on fire during the protests.
- Powwow Grounds – send via paypal to firstname.lastname@example.org – Native-run cafe, currently providing meals to elders, protectors and community, purchasing medical supplies, fire supplies, cooking supplies.
- PPNA – Renters Support Fund – operated by the Minneapolis Renters’ Coalition, a group of residents, community organizations, and neighborhood organizations committed to supporting renters in our community.
- Southside Harm Reduction– Southside Harm Reduction Services works within a harm reduction framework to promote the human rights to health, safety, autonomy, and agency among people who use substances.
- Spiral Collective – A volunteer full-spectrum reproductive options and support group comprised of doulas, birth-workers, and passionate reproductive justice advocates. based in the Twin Cities area of Minnesota, occupied Dakhóta territories.
- TC Care Collective – South-Minneapolis based rad worker-owned childcare co-op working to provide easy access childcare by and for BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color) and queer organizers and families.
- West Broadway Business and Area Coalition – WBC in partnership with Northside Funders Group will direct all donations to support Northside businesses that have been impacted by COVID-19 and the recent uprising.
- Women for Political Change – Holistically investing in the leadership and political power of young women and trans & non-binary individuals throughout Minnesota.
- Unicorn Riot – A decentralized media organization that has been live-streaming uprisings