Music Educators and Researchers of Young Children (MERYC) – England has issued a Call for Papers for its 2018 conference, Music in Early Childhood: New Directions and Valued Traditions.
Hosted by Bristol Plays Music in partnership with Take Art, the two-day conference runs from 9-10 November 2018 at Bristol’s Colston Hall.
The conference aims to explore new directions in early childhood music education (ECME) while valuing traditions and heritages.
Delegates will have the opportunity to reflect on how research can influence five key questions:
- What are the new directions emerging in ECME in England?
- How do traditional music education approaches and methods relate to new directions?
- How do we ensure creative environments for musical play with both adults and children?
- How do we reflect professionally on the values and traditions of early childhood music education?
- What key messages do we want to communicate to the wider early childhood education and music education communities?
MERYC-England welcomes abstracts from participants from the UK and Europe, which will be reviewed anonymously. The deadline for submissions is 31 May 2018.
For more information, please click here.