+852 (0)2891 8482
Jockey Club Creative Arts Centre, 30 Pak Tin Street, Shek Kip Mei, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Art therapy service center
Art therapy services (including music, visual, drama, dance, expression art, etc.) for the rehabilitation of mentally ill patients, victims of domestic violence, autistic children and stroke patients:
- Moving Circle Dance and Action Therapy Workshop
- Three places of creative art therapy exchange - step into the body and mind health seminar
- International Symposium on Creative Arts and Treatment for Children, Parents and Caregivers
- Expressing art therapy and psychosocial rehabilitation workshops
- Drama Therapy and Mental Rehabilitation Service Seminar
The seminars have workshops and publications and the participants have been well received by the industry.
About CCCD – Sustaining Community Cultural Development
Centre for Community Cultural Development (CCCD) is a pioneering non-profit arts organisation based in Hong Kong. We promote and practise peoples’ culture/community arts.
We are dedicated to embrace diversity, to go beyond geographical boundaries, and to establish collaborative relationships with both local and international artists and arts organisations. We are grateful to all who support us to achieve our mission!
CCCD was founded by a group of social workers and artists (visual art, theatre, community arts). Located in the Shek Kip Mei Jockey Club Creative Arts Centre (JCCAC), we work on a variety of community cultural development projects within and beyond the local community. We believe that arts could cultivate personal qualities, empower individuals, and equip them to face social changes.
Our Vision and Mission
We believe …
- in ‘Community Arts / Peoples’ Culture’. Everyone can enjoy art as an active creator and audience
- in ‘Arts Empowerment’ of individuals and community towards personal and societal growth and social solidarity. Everyone can voice out and express oneself through different art forms such as visual art, music, dance, drama
- artistic expression can help to embrace social inclusion
- arts therapy facilitates self-understanding, encourages the utilisation of inner resources, and promotes individuals’ well-being, fosters strong mutual trust and support among communities, which can generate positive structural changes in society
- Individual and Family: for whoever wishing to pursue wellness of body-mind-spirit and the beauty of life
- Organisation: NGOs, schools, healthcare professionals, social workers, volunteers are welcome
- Community: neighbours, disadvantaged groups, migrant workers, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, especially in Sham Shui Po and Yau Ma Tei
- Corporate: training, relaxation, retreat for employees
We look forward to creating a society in which art is seen as one of its pillars.
Community Cultural Development Model