LIPA is an acknowledged part of the UK's higher education provision for the performing arts, recognised and ranked alongside institutions a lot older. LIPA provides learning for the main skills needed for putting on a show (performers and those who make performance possible), uniquely blending specialist and generic skills.
The Liverpool Institute for Performing Arts (LIPA) currently has opportunities for part-time staff to teach on the institution’s programmes up to postgraduate level.
We specifically require staff with the following expertise:
- Project Management
- Sound Designers for Performance (to supervise students)
- Sound Engineers for Performance (to supervise students)
- Lighting Designers for Performance
- Music – Vocal/Singing Teachers
- Music – Instrumental Teachers (guitar, keyboard, bass, drums, wind, brass and strings)
- Ballet (qualified teachers with professional experience)
- Commercial Dance (various styles)
- Acting – Voice
- Acting – For Screen/Camera
- Acting – Movement for Motion Capture
- Theatre Management
- Event and Festival Management
- Online Marketing for Music and Theatre Businesses
- Insight and Analytics for the Music and Theatre Sector
- History of and critical analysis of Performing Arts
- Practice as research
We require all our staff to have professional experience in their discipline as well as experience as teachers and educators at Higher Education level.
Please indicate clearly which subject(s) you are interested in teaching.
There is no closing date for these posts. We are happy to receive applications from individuals interested in teaching for us at any time. Please refer to our website to see which areas we specialise in.
To apply for this job please visit lipa.ac.uk.