Music for Youth is a national youth arts charity working to provide young people aged 21 and under across the UK with free, life-changing performance and progression opportunities, regardless of background or musical style.
2020 is Music for Youth’s 50th anniversary year, and as we look to the future we are creating new opportunities for involvement at the heart of the organisation.
We plan to appoint up to three new trustees of the charity to join our established Board of Trustees. The MFY Board currently consists of seven trustees who are also Directors of the company, and who oversee the delivery of Music for Youth’s business plan.
We’re particularly interested in people with expertise and contacts in fundraising and income generation.
We want our Board to have diverse backgrounds and experience with a breadth of perspectives which will lead to healthy debate and different ideas around the table.
- Attendance at four board meetings per year including input to financial and strategic planning plus governance of the organisation
- Contribution to a sub-committee of a further 3 meetings a year
- Support of the annual programme of activities including the Regional events programme, annual National festival; Primary Proms; the MFY Proms and Frequencies series
- Advocacy of the organisation within diverse networks
Expressions of interest
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org indicating what you would bring to the Board and the reasons for your interest.
Closing date: 28 February 2020
- John Dixon (Chair)
- Diane Widdison (Deputy Chair)
- Judi Kingston (Company Secretary)
- Richard Blackford
- Roy Mincoff
- David Warburton MP
- Margaret Willis
To apply for this job please visit www.mfy.org.uk.