Rocksteady’s mission is to empower as many children as possible. Everything that you will do in this role is connected to this mission, directly or indirectly. You will go to work happy in the knowledge that you are part of a project that is creating opportunities every day for young people to build their confidence through exploring their creativity.
Are you an enthusiastic, experienced musician looking for a full-time permanent role in music, which also leaves you time to play in your own band? Do you see yourself operating in a positive working environment? Can you picture yourself working with a motivated, passionate team? Then we may have just the role for you.
Rocksteady Music School delivers inspiring music lessons by sending passionate musicians into schools to teach primary school children how to perform in a band. We’ve built a strong company culture where everyone truly believes in the product and is dedicated to its success.
- £20,000 pa full time salary position
- We are seeking passionate and inspiring music teachers across the UK to support the musical progression and personal development of children aged 4-11
- Delivering rock and pop band lessons in primary schools by combining our unique and forward-thinking teaching method with your personal charisma
- Giving children their first opportunity of playing an instrument
- Supporting children during their first live performances and beyond
- Maintaining high communication and customer service standards with parents and schools
- Handling relationships with multiple schools
Skills and experience
- Be a multi-instrumentalist – competent on at least 2 of: drums, guitar, keyboard and vocals
- Have a full UK driving licence and own transport
- Have excellent communication and social abilities with both children and adults
- Be outgoing, confident, and approachable
- Be high-energy and enthusiastic with high stamina and persistence
- Be a strong independent worker with good time management skills
- Have excellent IT/administration skills and attention to detail
- Have experience of playing in bands
- Be passionate about teaching – experience is preferred, but it’s not a requirement (we provide training)
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.