ABRSM is the UK's largest music education body, one of its largest music publishers and the world's leading provider of music exams, holding over 650,000 assessments in more than 90 countries every year. As a registered charity, we also make significant donations towards music education initiatives around the world.
Be part of a 700-strong community of musicians
Are you looking for a freelance role that supports developing musicians, complements a portfolio career, and lets you travel? If yes, music examining could be just the thing for you.
What we look for
- Musician with a strong educational background
- Willingness to travel both across the UK and internationally (our biggest international tours take place in Hong Kong, Malaysia, China and Singapore, often in groups with others)
- Experience and qualities to cope and react positively in a range of situations
- Experience of working with children
- Competent but not necessarily performing pianist
- Time commitment of at least one week, three times a year
What you’ll enjoy
- Comprehensive training and ongoing professional development if you’re successful (unique for a freelance role in music education)
- Competitive pay, with the potential to work as much as you want
- Dedicated help desk for any queries or support
- International SOS support when working overseas for any medical or security issues
How to apply
Please visit the ABRSM website for full information.
To apply for this job please visit gb.abrsm.org.