Opera Europa is the European professional association for opera companies and festivals and brings together 205 opera companies from 43 countries. It services its members with consultancy, two annual thematic conferences, specialist forum meetings (Human Resources, Marketing & Communication, Technical & Production…) and online databases. See www.opera-europa.org for more information. Launched in 2017, OperaVision is a project supported by the European Union’s Creative Europe programme until December 2020. OperaVision is a free streaming platform which offers a rich programme of regular live operas (on average one per week) from over 30 opera companies in 18 countries along with contextual and bonus material (texts and videos) as well as resources for teachers, parents and young professionals.
About the role
Opera Europa, is the European professional association for opera companies and festivals, is recruiting an Editorial Coordinator for the organisation’s OperaVision platform.
The Editorial Coordinator will be in charge of implementing and delivering the editorial plan, in collaboration with the Project Manager and the Opera Europa management, supervising the long-term development of the OperaVision platform.
- The Editorial Coordinator position is full-time (38h/week), and presence in the office is required on a regular basis, though remote working is possible at agreed times.
- Opera Europa is based in Brussels, Belgium, in the offices of Théâtre royal de la Monnaie.
- The position is to be taken up during the month of January 2020.
Together with the Project Manager, the Platform Coordinator and the Communications Coordinator, the Editorial Coordinator will establish a work plan for delivering all content (video, text, podcasts) and strive to enforce deadlines.
- Writing texts for all performances planned on OperaVision, including introductions, synopses, insights, enewsletters and video descriptions
- Writing and commissioning texts on other opera-related topics for publication on OperaVision, including developing the Teachers & Parents and Opera Academy sections
- Communicating with partners and contributors to obtain the correct information relating to performances and to enrich other features – Producing or editing subtitles for all video content hosted by OperaVision – Being an audience point of contact
- Assisting on other OperaVision tasks, such as taking part in OperaVision partner meetings, representing OperaVision at Opera Europa conferences and other events, contributing to social media management and supporting other Opera Europa team members in their missions
Skills and experience required
The Editorial Coordinator should:
- Be an experienced copy-writer who can write quickly and fluently in English, and also have a basic understanding of French and/or German – Have a good knowledge of the operatic repertoire (a degree in Musicology, Art History, Literature or Journalism would be an asset, or professional experience in the field)
- Show flexibility and be able to work to tight deadlines
- Be competent in using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Suite (Google Docs, Sheets, Drive) and Adobe graphic design software (InDesign, Acrobat)
- Work well in a small team
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to Audrey@opera-europa.org by 18 November 2019.
To apply for this job please visit www.opera-europa.org.