The London-born jazztronica duo Blue Lab Beats released their third album Motherland on the legendary Blue Note label this year and are ready to educate and entertain all Summer Lab 2022 attendees with a project rooted in what they do best: jazz in the digital era.
The event is designed for young creatives aged 14-18 and runs from 1-4 August.
According to hosts NYJO, Blue Lab Beats ‘will be leading an exploration into where digital meets live instrumentation; where live jazz meets beats; and where instruments meet programming.
‘Come with your ideas – whether it’s a few lyrics, a melody on an instrument, or something you’re working on in Garage Band, Logic, Reason or however you create!’
Summer Lab 2022 workshops will help participants take ideas and develop them into individual and group compositions.
This project will also include a Q&A session offering insights into the music industry and Blue Lab Beats’ approach as musicians, producers and collaborators.
Visit the NYJO website for full information and to apply.
Where, when & who
- 1-4 August 2022; 12-6pm Mon-Wed, 2-10pm Thur
- Woolwich Works, The Fireworks Factory, 11 No. 1 Street, London SE18 6HD
- For creatives aged 14-18. Producers, musicians with an instrument, vocalists, & digital music-makers are all welcome!
How to apply
- This course costs £100 for the four days
- Places are FREE for Greenwich residents on Free School Meals
- Bursaries are available for any applicant (including those outside Greenwich Borough) on Free School Meals/from a low-income family/with barriers to accessing music-making opportunities
Please don’t let the cost be a barrier – NYJO will do their best to reduce the cost for anyone who needs it.
To apply for Summer Lab 2022 fill in the application form.
If you have any questions relating to your application, feel free to email email@example.com.