The Guildhall School of Music & Drama has announced details of its Autumn 2017 season.
Highlights include the following:
- Guildhall musicians perform a concert curated by alumnus, Thomas Adès, and join the London Symphony Orchestra (LSO) for an LSO On Track concert as part of 10 days of special events to mark Sir Simon Rattle becoming Music Director of the LSO and Artist-in-Association with the Barbican and Guildhall School
- A concert with Dave Arch launches the Guildhall Studio Orchestra, a multi-disciplinary ensemble and the first of its kind in a UK conservatoire
- Alumni Recital Series presents three concerts: a concert celebrating The Flautadors‘ 20th anniversary; the return of Guitar Spectacular and the world premiere of The Nutcracker and I by Alexandra Dariescu
- Vassily Sinaisky, Esa-Pekka Salonen and Adrian Leaper, conduct the Guildhall Symphony Orchestra throughout the season
- The Autumn opera is Menotti’s Pulitzer Prize-winning The Consul
- Renowned pianist and Guildhall professor, Iain Burnside, presents devised music theatre piece, Swansong
- Brass quintet, Canadian Brass, performs a programme of wide-ranging repertoire
- Resident Ensemble in Creative Performance, Decoda, explores the expression and interaction of voices in a Faculty Artists Series concert
- Collaborations include five LSO Platforms: Guildhall Artists concerts and lunchtime concerts given as part of BBC SO Total Immersion; Julian Anderson and BBC SO Total Immersion; Esa-Pekka Salonen
To view all Guildhall School of Music & Drama events, please click here.
Header photo: The Flautadors © Gulcan AucklandRecommend0 recommendationsPublished in