Part of leading UK vocal ensemble The Sixteen’s young artists programme, the fully funded scholarship offers young conductors the opportunity to be mentored by conductor Harry Christophers and associate conductor Eamonn Dougan, as well as the chance to work with some of the best young ensemble singers in the UK.
Scholars are given the chance to observe each of the Genesis Sixteen programme’s courses, sing with the choir, lead their own rehearsals, and conduct several pieces throughout the year, including for BBC Radio 3 broadcast.
Applicants must be:
- aged between 21 and 28 on Monday 22 August 2022
- a UK citizen / resident in the UK for the duration of the programme
- a postgraduate or graduate who is serious about conducting and has experience of conducting choirs
- passionate about working with voices
- enthusiastic about The Sixteen’s repertoire
Applications can be submitted until 5pm on Monday 23 May 2022. Applicants need to submit:
- a link to a video(s) of you conducting a choir in two contrasting pieces. The video(s) must be taken from an angle showing you clearly face on.
- a covering letter with a few brief paragraphs on why you think you would be suited to the scholarship – please aim to keep this to one single-sided A4 page
- a music CV
- two references