Virtual Benedetti Sessions
About the Sessions
The very first Virtual Benedetti Sessions will provide musicians of all ages and stages, and from all over the world, with three weeks of consistent, scheduled online tuition and inspiration, preparing collectively for a final weekend of activity celebrating the coming together of our global music community.
When is it happening?
From May 11-31, via YouTube, Instagram and Facebook, we will be streaming live and pre-recorded sessions led by Nicola Benedetti and her expert & encouraging colleagues.
- regular seminars and presentations
- a programme of general musicianship activities so all young people can join in regardless of whether they play an instrument
- fundamental principles providing a transformative, exciting and substantive experience
- structured lessons and support
- workshops in physical and mental wellbeing
Who is it for?
There is something for everyone whether you’re studying at conservatoire, a teacher, a young string player, a beginner drummer or just fancy joining in banging some pots and pans. Please click to find out which workshop to join. Our grade levels are just a guide for Advanced and Intermediate – we would recommend having a look at these extracts from the scores of the pieces and if you feel you can join in with them, that’s the workshop to go for.
We will be working with:
- school age children (string players, other instrumentalists & non-instrumentalists)
- conservatoire / university music students
- instrumental teachers
- amateur musicians and adult learners
Header photo: Benedetti Sessions Glasgow warm-up © Alister Firth
- Timezone: America/Los_Angeles
- Date: May 11 - 31 2020
- Time: 01:00 - 11:00