Teaching Music Online (UK timezone)
About the course
Teaching Music Online is an intensive, three-week course for classroom teachers, ensemble directors and peripatetic teachers who have moved their teaching online as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic.
The best way to learn something is to experience it yourself! You’ll learn what you can and can’t do, the best tools to use to create and deliver your lessons and collaborate with other teachers to design and create curricular units and lesson plans that actually work online.
You’ll learn about the possibilities and limitations, how to choose the right technology, and how to successfully implement online lessons. Live class meetings will include discussion of assigned topics and support for project design.
MUSIC:ED SPECIAL OFFERS
- Teaching Music Online: benefit from a 50% discount – MUSIC:ED rate USS49 (standard course fee US$99)
- Bundle: book Teaching Music Online, Video for Online Learning and Audio for Online Learning as a bundle and pay US$99 (standard rate US$177)
Use the code MUSICEDUK at checkout
Who should take Teaching Music Online?
- being asked to teach online for the first time?
- confused by all the advice being shared?
- overwhelmed by the technology?
- wondering where you’ll find the time to actually teach music?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, this course is for you.
What you get
Teaching Music Online demonstrates the best practices in online learning and is
- authentic – create lessons and materials you can use in your teaching right away
- experiential – six live interactive class meetings
- practical – real world solutions, for real world problems
- functional – identify and use the tools that work for you
- current trends in online curriculum design and methodologies
- how to foster collaboration
- evaluation of delivery methods
- choosing and creating materials
- implementation of the lessons
- understanding the student experience
- Mondays 11, 18 & 25 May 2020, 2-3.30pm BST
- Wednesday 13, 20 & 27 May 2020, 2-3.30pm BST
NOTE: A US-timezone-friendly edition of this course is available on Tuesdays and Thursdays 8:00pm – 9:30PM EDT (BST – 5:00)
- Dr George Hess
- Mr Christopher Boyd
From previous participants…
- ‘I found the course very helpful in discovering new programs and apps to help me with my online teaching, especially Zoom and Google Classroom. I feel more confident now in having to teach online. Thank you.’
- ‘They [the tutors] were inspiring and provided a human perspective to their teaching.’
- ‘I appreciated the generosity and support for technical issues immediately and the offer of help into the future.’
- ‘My immediate issues were sorting out my choirs on Zoom (sorry to say!!) and this really sorted that as far as I can take it given the technology.’
- ‘I found the course gave me the confidence to use technology that I usually shy away from.’
- Timezone: America/New_York
- Date: May 11 - 27 2020
- Time: 09:00 - 10:30