*Postponed* BBC Young Musician of the Year 2020 final
This event has been postponed. We are awaiting confirmation of the new date and will be informing ticket holders.
Join us at the Grand Final of BBC Young Musician 2020, as three supremely talented young people each perform a concerto with the BBC Philharmonic. At the end of the evening, a winner will be chosen by a distinguished panel of judges.
This performance will be filmed for broadcast on BBC television.
About the competition
BBC Young Musician is a major biennial event for musicians aged 18 or below organised by the BBC, the UK’s national broadcaster.
Brass, Keyboard, Percussion, Strings and Woodwind
You may enter in one or more of the instrument classes as long as the following three criteria are satisfied:
- qualification: you should have achieved Grade 8 standard
- age: you should be 18 or under on 1 January 2020
- residency: you must be a resident of the United Kingdom (including the Channel Isles and Isle of Man) at the time of entry and for the duration of the competition – until May 2020
BBC Young Musician is a fully inclusive project and we actively encourage and welcome musicians who have a physical, mental, visual or hearing impairment to apply.
- Auditions begin in September 2019, with Category Finals and the Semi-Final held in March 2020 at the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama.
- The Grand Final will be held in May 2020 at the Bridgewater Hall, Manchester, where finalists will have the opportunity to perform a concerto of their choice with the BBC Philharmonic.
- Timezone: America/Los_Angeles
- Date: May 10 2020
- Time: 8:00 am - 12:00 pm