Musical Futures in the Primary Classroom
In celebration of Musical Futures Online winning the award for ‘Outstanding Music Education Resource of 2022’ AND in running our first live training event in over 2 years (!!) we are inviting primary teachers of ages 7-11 to attend this training for an introductory rate of £50 – to include:
- A day workshop with hands on practical activity
- A 12 month Standard membership of Musical Futures Online worth £99
- Tea and Light Refreshments
Musical Futures in the Primary Classroom training and resources are equally suited to both generalist teachers and specialist teachers of music – no prior experience of teaching music is expected with teachers able to extend and develop activities as they feel appropriate, subject to their own and their pupils’ needs.
Aims of the session
- Develop the confidence of teachers, who aren’t necessarily musicians themselves, to deliver outstanding lessons that are rooted in active music making
- Explore ways to ensure that all learners are fully engaged in authentic music lessons
- Develop confidence in playing and teaching pulse/rhythmic patterns
- Explore resources to help teachers with beginner ensemble performances using a range of classroom instruments
- Understand how to develop ensemble musicianship, teamwork and performance skills
- Step by step guidance to teaching music through a series of exciting interactive resources aimed at Years 2 to 6
- Introduce rhythmic awareness, musical knowledge and instrumental skill development using the instruments on your music trolley – tuned and untuned percussion plus ukulele, acoustic guitars and even keyboards (where available)
- Examine how Musical Futures approaches and resources can support the teaching of the National Curriculum and the Model Music Curriculum
- Understand how Musical Futures Online can be utilised to support the Musical Futures practical approach to learning in the primary classroom
Who is it for?
- Primary class teachers – who don’t consider themselves to be music specialists
- Primary music co-ordinators – responsible for developing curriculum plans, resources and equipment
- Instrumental teachers – can be adapted by teachers for Whole Class Learning or curriculum delivery
As well as an insight into Musical Futures in the Primary Classroom and a practical workshops attendees will receive:
- A full day of practical, hands-on training
- A FREE 12 month Standard membership to Musical Futures Online worth £99
- Tea and light refreshments – please bring a packed lunch with you on the day
Book your place
This workshop is available at an introductory rate of £50 per person. Places are limited and are available on a first come first served basis.
- Visit the Musical Futures website for full information and to book online.
- Timezone: America/New_York
- Date: Jun 17 2022
- Time: 5:30 am - 10:30 am