Basic course fee of £800 includes registration, administration costs, use of facilities on the premises, choir, main orchestra, and string orchestra or guitar ensemble as applicable.
Information about extra charges for specialist tuition, accommodation etc is available on the application form.
Students of the Firenze Conservatoire do not pay the basic registration fee.
Discounts are available for bookings completed and paid in full by 15th October 2017, if you are a previous LMFL student, if you are participating in more than one course in 2018, and for additional participating family members.
- Early booking discount – 10%
- Returning LMFL students – 2.5%
- 2 courses in 2018 – 5%
- siblings registering together – 5%
We will require a minimum £ 700 deposit with the balance payable in full by 1st May 2018.
- Dr Alan D Moller – Linguistic Director
- Urška Cvetko – recorder
- Paolo De Gaspari – clarinet and bass clarinet
- Professor Gerard McChrystal – saxophone ensemble
- Chen Zimbalista – percussion workshop / drums / timpani
- Professor Lisetta Rossi – harp
- Professor Richard Crabtree and Jean-Luc Borsarello – viola / violin
- Alexander Trostiansky and Professor Madeleine Mitchell – violin
- Daniel Grosgurin – cello / chamber music coaching
- Pierre Feyler – double bass
- Alfonso Borghese – classical guitar
- Professor Daniela Pisano – flute / piccolo
- Rustem Koudoyerov and Katia Nemirovitch Danchenko – piano
- Dr Paul Goodey – composition / oboe
- William Godfree – choir / composition / jazz piano / organ / theory
- Leonardo De Lisi, Simonida Militec, and Vitalba Mosca – classical voice
- Alex Forsyth – jazz workshop
The LMFL (Language and Music For Life) 3rd Musical Summer Course is a specialised course by world-renowned faculty for Advanced level students (17+ years old) or professionals.
The course takes place at the Conservatorio Luigi Cherubini in Florence, Italy. The conservatoire has two buildings:
- A central administrative building in the centre of the old town at Piazza delle Belle Arti 2 50122
- A second building, Villa Favard, in Rovezzano in the North-East of Florence at Via di Rocca Tedalda 451 (see map)
*PLEASE NOTE: ALL TEACHING TAKES PLACE AT VILLA FAVARD*
We welcome students from +17 years old and upwards. We also welcome younger advanced students accompanied by at least one parent. All students must be advanced level in at least one discipline; other choices can be at lower level.
- Arrival: 29 July 2018
- Start of course: 30 July 2018
- Departure: 11 August 2018
The following tuition options are available:
- Instrumental and voice
- Opera workshop
- Classical Vocal Workshop for Children and Teens
How to get to Villa Favard
The address of the front entrance of Villa Favard is Via di Rocca Tedalda 451. Bus Number 14 stops just in front while the Rovezzano train station is within walking distance.
The address of the back entrance is Via Aretina, Firenze Rovezzano.
Please keep the above in mind when booking accommodation.
Language and Music for Life (LMFL)
About the organiser
Created in the Spring of 1997, LMFL (Language and Music for Life) is a unique organisation committed to providing training in both music and foreign languages to students of all ages.
Visited 139 times, 3 Visits today