Contextualizing Equity and Inclusion in Music
This conference is for anyone who is interested in engaging in conversation and learning more about equity and inclusion in K-12, collegiate, and music and arts organizations of all sizes.
We will frame our conversations around 5 areas which are:
- Classroom Innovation – how are we teaching and engaging with the material in our courses and how are we encouraging our students to respond;
- Curriculum Shift – what are we teaching and are we representing the world around us authentically in what we are teaching;
- Ensemble & Applied Area Repertoire and Performance Practice – in what ways are we authentically expanding the repertoire and performing it in meaningful and historically relevant ways;
- Community Engagement – how are we using our musical voices to engage with and enhance our communities; and
- Recruitment and Retention – through what means are we recruiting and retaining our staff, faculty and students and are we doing so in a manner that provides safety and support for all.
- Timezone: America/New_York
- Date: Nov 03 - 04 2023
- Time: All day