Association of British Choral Directors Initial Course Spring 2022
Course dates and times
- 19 February 9.30am-4.30pm
- 19 March 9.30am-4.30pm
- 23 April and 9.30am-4.30pm
- 21 May 9.30am-4.30pm
Led by Lucy Hollins and Mark Jordan, these courses consist of four one-day sessions spread over four months and are designed for those who are either new to choral conducting, or have conducted for a while and want to back up their experience with training.
The course includes a wide range of repertoire suitable for leaders of all choirs.
We provide video footage from each session so that participants can continue their learning between sessions.
Passes are awarded at Leading the Singing and Foundation level:
- By the end of this course, those who have passed Leading the Singing should understand simple beat patterns and basic singing leadership skills such as cueing, pauses, setting tempi and being able to lead a warm-up, and have a better knowledge of how to improve choral sound.
- Those who have passed Foundation will have demonstrated confidence in these and developed choral gesture and some independence of hands. A pass at Foundation level also indicates that the participant is ready for the Emerging course, should they wish to continue their training.
‘The quality of teaching was fantastic and I loved that I could apply a lot of what I learned instantly to my choir – with great results!’ – Conductor, 2019 Initial Course
Further information about the Initial Course can be found here.
NB abcd members can book the course at a discounted rate.
- Timezone: America/New_York
- Date: Feb 19 2022 - May 21 2022
- Time: 04:30 - 11:30