For full details of fees, accommodation and how to apply, download the programme brochure.
- Places will be allocated on a first come, first served basis, and applications must be received by 31 December 2018 to qualify for the early bird rates.
Veneto Opera Summer School & Arte Lirica Festival 2019 for singers, pianists and instrumentalists
- An enriching programme of coaching, masterclasses and performances including staged opera scenes from La bohème, Don Giovanni and Il ritorno d’Ulisse in patria
- Led by renowned Italian Coach and Melofonetica Founder Dr Matteo Dalle Fratte (Royal Opera House, National Opera Studio, Guildhall School, Royal College of Music, London)
Join our experienced faculty in Italy to improve your performance skills in Italian opera repertoire – and be part of Arte Lirica Festival 2019.
With leading language coaching and music coaching to improve diction, expression and musicality, the programme will prepare participants for a range of exciting Festival performances – including recitals, pop-up events and staged scenes at Asolo’s royal opera house, Teatro Eleonora Duse.
We are proud to have received exceptional feedback from all our previous course participants – read numerous reviews here and join us to experience the difference yourself!
Opportunities for singers
We invite advanced and professional singers to join us for the two-week programme, 11-25 August, in one of the following roles:
La bohème, Puccini – excerpts from Acts 1 and 2
- Rodolfo, Marcello, Schaunard, Colline, Musetta, Mimì
Don Giovanni, Mozart – full Act 1 Finale
- Don Ottavio, Don Giovanni, Leporello, Masetto, Donna Elvira, Donna Anna, Zerlina
Il ritorno d’Ulisse in patria, Monteverdi – excerpts from Act 2
- Ulisse (tenor), Anfinomo (tenor), Antinoo (baritone), Penelope (mezzo), Pisandro (mezzo or countertenor)
We welcome singers of all levels looking to develop skills and experience in Italian repertoire to join us as a chorus participant on either the one-week programme, 18-25 August, or two-week programme, 11-25 August.
“Hands down worth every single penny. You can only benefit from this course, it should be mandatory for all young professionals who are seriously thinking of going into the profession.”
Opportunities for pianists
We invite pianists looking to develop operatic accompaniment experience and/or skills as a répétiteur to join us for the two-week programme, 11-25 August.
Opportunities for instrumentalists
We welcome applications from both individual instrumentalists and ensemble groups interested in developing experience in playing for opera. Instrumentalists are invited to join the one-week programme, 18-25 August; some two-week places may also be available.
All programmes include:
- Inspiring coaching, lectures and masterclasses with renowned Italian coach Matteo Dalle Fratte and our experienced music coaches
- Performances as part of Arte Lirica Festival 2019 in iconic Asolo
- High quality, half-board accommodation in a comfortable ensuite room, with breakfast and wonderful Italian lunches (excl. 21 to 24 August when participants will be free to explore Asolo at lunchtime)
- Welcome aperitivo in Bassano’s historic centre
- Celebratory pizza and prosecco dinner
About the organiser
Melofonetica was established by tenor, musicologist and Italian Coach Dr Matteo Dalle Fratte in 2014, to provide:
- Training and resources to help singers achieve clear, correct and expressive sung Italian in opera and classical music.
- Coaching and consultancy to help other music professionals develop skills, confidence and expertise in Italian repertoire.
Visited 190 times, 2 Visits today