- This event has passed.
The Commonwealth International Composition Award: Grand Final
January 14, 2020 @ 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
About the event
The Grand Final of the Commonwealth International Composition Award will take place on Tuesday 14 January 2020 in the Princess Alexandra Hall, Royal Over-Seas League in London.
Young composers shortlisted for the Final: ‘Flyers’
- Childhood Impressions by Xiaole Zhan (New Zealand)
- Hero’s Journey No 2 by Andrew Udal – (Australia)
- Time by Devon Mallin Halim – (Indonesia)
- Vorfreude by Nathaniel Koh – (New Zealand)
- Be the Light by Hui Zhou Rong Isaiah – (Singapore)
- Jive of the Jumble by Aliyah Ramatally – (Trinidad and Tobago)
- Fou by Brianna Georges – (Antigua and Barbuda)
- Ashore by Khadijah Simon – (Antigua and Barbuda)
- Classic Arab by Dana Al Tajer – (Bahrain)
- Kawbatau by Virginia Baird – (New Zealand)
Highly Commended entries from pilot countries: ‘Starters’
- Antigua and Barbuda – Erienne Peters – The Reckoning
- India – Manuel Dias – Synchronicity in A minor
- New Zealand – Emily Gambrill – School Bells
Attending the event
- Drinks and light snacks will be served from 5.30 pm onwards.
- Please contact Phil Dutton email@example.com to reserve your place.
- Admittance is free, with a retiring collection to support the Nassau Music Society in the Bahamas, which was badly damaged by recent hurricanes.