- This event has passed.
Rethinking Choir Leadership: a CHORALSPACE conference
February 3 - February 6
‘Re-Thinking Choir Leadership’ is a collaborative symposium on sharpening leadership strategies for conductors, educators, choir managers, choral organisations and board members. The project is produced in cooperation with the Landemusikakademie Rheinland-Pfalz.
- A project of the CHORALSPACE Center for Choral Development in cooperation with Thomas Caplin (Artistic Director)
- A professional ‘time-out’ carefully designed to provide you with the skills you need to SHARE, LEARN, INSPIRE and DEVELOP your own goals and career.
About the conference
‘Re-Thinking Choir Leadership’ is an opportunity to make use of up-to-date expert knowledge to adjust your goals and realign your professional strategy to meet the challenges of a fast-changing world. During the symposium, you will be able to explore and discover practical resources for your choir, receive detailed feedback from the lecturers and other participants, share your own experiences, and leave with inspiring ideas to materialize in your own musical work for better future results.
The symposium features sessions on the Creativity Process, Project Design, Choral Leadership, Personal Development, Implementation of Choral Research, Digital Tools, Aspects of Sustainability, Target & Mission Formulation, Creation & Monitoring of Timelines, as well as tools to support the realization of your projects. In addition, comes of course the informal social interaction in one of the best culinary destinations of the country.
- The sessions start on Thursday evening, 3 February 2022, and conclude on Sunday morning, 6 February 2022.
- The working language is English. Tickets will be available in the first week of October.
- Singer perception of choral leadership
- The choir as an organisation
- Choir leader competences
- The gesture enigma – gestures mean everything, gesture means nothing – how?
- The seven dilemmas of choir leader education
- Reaching goals
- Project realisation
Tine Fris-Ronsfeld, Michael Gohl, Dag Jansson, Peder Karlson, Merel Martens, Dion Ritten, Maximilian Stössel, Thomas Caplin, Rolf Ehlers e.a.
Hilary Apfelstadt, Michael Barrett-Berg, Jim Daus Hjernøe, Anne Kohler e.a.