- £27 student
All course fees are subsidised by our fundraising activities and fees are further reduced for students. Some bursary funding is available: please enquire when applying for courses. In addition to the general full and part bursaries we offer, we have two specific bursary schemes:
Co-Principal Strings Student Bursary scheme
- If you are currently studying full-time at a UK conservatoire and would appreciate the opportunity to work intensively on large-scale symphonic repertoire with professional conductors, without the pressure of public performance, at the same time as benefiting directly from the experience of our professional string principals, why not apply for the Co-Principal Strings Student bursary scheme? Successful applicants will be offered a bursary-funded place on one of our London weekend courses as co-principal first or second violin, viola, cello or double bass. A modest contribution to travel costs is available to participants studying outside London.
- To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV.
Gillian Halse Bursary Fund
- Harold Taylor, partner of Gillian Halse Noel who co-founded the Rehearsal Orchestra in 1957, very kindly gave a legacy in his will in Gill’s memory to fund student bursaries for our annual Edinburgh rehearsal week.
Visit The Rehearsal Orchestra’s website to apply online.
Conductor: Levon Parikian
Levon Parikian completes The Rehearsal Orchestra’s current series with a day on Strauss’s modestly titled autobiographical tone poem, Ein Heldenleben (A Hero’s Life).
- Rehearsals take place in the morning and afternoon, culminating in early evening open rehearsal.
- Applications are invited from players who are Grade 8 plus and good sightreaders (or keen to improve their sightreading!).
- Richard Strauss: Ein Heldenleben
Sunday 24 March
- 10.30 am to 1.30 pm
- 2.30 pm to 5.30 pm
- 6.00 pm to 7.00 pm OPEN REHEARSAL – friends and family welcome!
- Nearest underground station: Borough (Northern line) or Elephant & Castle (Bakerloo line.)
- There is free parking in Trinity Church Square at weekends after 1.30 pm on Saturday.
The Rehearsal Orchestra
60-62 Clapham Road, London SW9 0JJ, United Kingdom
About the organiser
The Rehearsal Orchestra is a musical charity that runs weekend and full-week orchestral courses for future professionals and serious amateurs.
Since 1957, we have offered high-level training through intensive rehearsal, exploring key orchestral repertoire with prominent conductors. This supportive, non-competitive environment allows players to grow as musicians without the pressure of concert giving. Places on every course are heavily subsidised to enable as many players as possible to benefit from the opportunities we offer.
Visited 23 times, 1 Visit today