RCS Accordion summer school (ages 12-17)
August 1 @ 10:00 am - August 5 @ 5:00 pm£310
This accordion summer school is an intensive and inspiring five-day course for musicians aged 12-17. You will have the opportunity to work with teachers from the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland.
The course is designed to help develop and strengthen technical and musical skills, through knowledge of repertoire and healthy practice habits. Students will benefit from daily warm-up sessions, technique classes, individual lessons, ensemble playing and performances.
Students will also learn about accordion manufacturers, great accordionists and what life is like as a full-time music student at a Conservatoire. The summer school will be led by one of Europe’s finest accordion players and teachers, Djordje Gajic.
Students who take part in the course should want to:
- develop musically and technically
- build repertoire and performing experiences
- become aware of various practice techniques and the importance of critical listening
- be given the chance to play in a group
- gain knowledge about the instrument
- meet other students passionate about music and the accordion
- experience life as a full-time music student
- meet and work with full- time students from the Royal conservatoire
This summer school aims to provide a stimulating and inspiring atmosphere in which every student will be given the opportunity to grow.
At the beginning of the week you will be informally assessed on technique, musicianship and current level, enabling tutors to tailor the course to your needs and allow you to get the most out of the five days.
On the final day of the course participants will take part in an informal sharing for friends and family.
If you have any questions in advance of booking, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.