Point Blank Music School London Music Production Summer School
July 27 @ 9:00 am - August 21 @ 5:00 pm BST
If you’re aged 11 to 19 and into your music, come and spend five days – Monday through Friday – on our Music Production Summer Course.
Taught at Point Blank’s recording studios with a professional music producer, you’ll learn how to create tracks to a high standard using either Logic Pro X or Ableton Live 10. Our fully trained team of studio experts have worked with artists including La Roux, Lily Allen, Wiley and P Diddy. So whatever style of music you are into, they can guide you through the skills and techniques you need. Each student gets to work on their own workstation and class sizes are strictly limited to ensure plenty of 1-2-1 instruction and guidance.
Dates, DAW, age ranges
Choice of DAW and age ranges detailed below.
- 27-31 July: Ableton Live, 11 to 13 year olds
- 3-7 August: Logic Pro, 11 to 13 year olds
- 10-14 August: Logic Pro, 14 to 19 year olds
- 17-21 August: Ableton Live, 14 to 19 year olds
- How to make a beat
- Add groove & feel to your beats
- Building custom drum kits
- Intros, build-ups, breakdowns & drops
- Editing samples
- Waveforms, filters & envelopes
- Recording vocals & live instruments
- Microphones & their uses
- How to structure your track
- Arrangement styles & techniques
- Introduction to mixing
- Using EQ