Oundle for Organists Summer School
July 11 - July 17
A week of intensive tuition for young organists during the Oundle International Festival.
The OfO Summer School, founded 36 years ago, is the perfect week for a young organist. Our renowned tutors will guide and inspire you; you’ll gain new insights into your playing every day. You’ll make friends and spend time with kindred spirits, and you’ll broaden your musical horizons by experiencing memorable performances in the Oundle International Festival.
When? Monday 11 – Sunday 17 July 2022
Where? Oundle and surrounding villages. Cambridge visits will be confirmed if Covid protocols change.
Who? Organists around the ages of 14 – 23, from roughly Grade 6* standard through diploma level. Students will be grouped according to their level of experience.
All of our tutors have pursued wide-ranging careers and are performers and teachers who are not only of the highest calibre, but also friendly, approachable, and eager to help you become the best musician you can be. Their full biographies will be published here in the New Year.
Oundle for Organists reserves the right to alter course content, including tutors, should the need arise.
*Please contact us if you are unsure about your playing level but would like to come on the course.
- A non-refundable deposit of £200 will be asked for in April or as soon as we have confirmed arrangements for the course, with payment due by 1 May at the earliest. In the event of non-payment of deposit, your place will be offered to someone on our waiting list. (For bursary applicants, the timeline and procedure on this will vary, and we will advise you about this; please do not be concerned.)
- In all other circumstances, refunds will only be issued at the discretion of the Director of OfO.
- Payment of the full course fee will be required by 15 June. In the event of non-payment of the fee, the place will be offered to those on our waiting list. Again, this timeline may vary for bursary students, for example if the funding body providing the bursary has not yet released the funds to us.
How to apply
—– Online application forms available soon —–
The procedure for allocating places for the COfO Summer School is as follows:
Places will then be offered to those who have registered interest/applied (so please do so straight away!), again in the order that those expressions of interest and/or applications were received, and again with a deadline for responses. If you registered interest with us already, we have you on a list and you will receive priority treatment in this group; please do fill in an application form for us as we hope to be able to accommodate you! We will automatically allocate places for students on our 2021 waiting list.
Places will then be opened up to applications at large, should space permit.
‘My week at Oundle has been one of the most memorable of my life so far. Never before have I encountered so many young and like-minded people, and I have come away feeling that I have made some life-long friends.’ – 2019 Summer School Student
- If you are interested in joining us, or in finding out more, it is vital that you register your interest with us as soon as possible on: firstname.lastname@example.org
- As always, do not let finances stop you from applying. We can help you find funding, and in some cases can provide it ourselves. We have never turned a student away for financial reasons.