Oundle for Organists Summer School
About the course
The OfO Summer School, founded 36 years ago, is the perfect week for a young organist. Our renowned tutors will guide and inspire you; you’ll gain new insights into your playing every day. You’ll make friends and spend time with kindred spirits, and you’ll broaden your musical horizons by experiencing memorable performances in the Oundle International Festival.
Oundle and surrounding villages. Cambridge visits will be confirmed if Covid protocols change.
Organists around the ages of 14 – 23, from roughly Grade 6* standard through diploma level. Students will be grouped according to their level of experience.
- Ann Elise Smoot (Director, OfO)
- Katherine Dienes-Williams (Organist and Master of the Choristers, Guildford Cathedral)
- Richard Hills (Organist of St Mary’s Bourne Street; equally at home in the classical and theatre organ genres)
- Anna Lapwood (Director of Music, Pembroke College, Cambridge)
- Richard Pinel (Director of Music, Jesus College, Cambridge)
- William Whitehead (International recitalist and Curator of the Orgelbüchlein Project)
- Mark Williams (Informator Choristarum, Magdalen College, Oxford)
The 2021 course fee is £675.
Due to our booking process being so altered this year, we will be charging everyone at the same flat rate; there will be no discount available for early booking. This still represents a saving on the standard booking fee of last year (£690).
What they say
‘My week at Oundle has been one of the most memorable of my life so far. Never before have I encountered so many young and like-minded people, and I have come away feeling that I have made some life-long friends.’ – 2018 Summer School student