- This event has passed.
Oundle for Organists Summer School
August 8 @ 8:00 am - August 14 @ 5:00 pm BST£630 – £685
About the course
Oundle for Organists’ annual Summer School runs for six jam-packed days alongside the Oundle International Festival. The course is for organists roughly in the 14-23 age bracket, anywhere from Grade 6 through post-graduate standard.
Based in the beautiful Northamptonshire market town, the Oundle for Organists Summer School, founded over 30 years ago, is the perfect week of intensive tuition and fun.
Their renowned tutors will guide and inspire you; you’ll gain new insights into your playing every day. You’ll make friends and spend time with kindred spirits, and you’ll broaden your musical horizons by experiencing memorable performances in the Oundle International Festival. You’ll even participate in one of them!
Working with distinguished tutors, studying repertoire of all periods, honing technique, keyboard skills and making music in both concert and liturgical settings, there is a lot to be done in a short space of time!
Students will have free admittance to many musical events of the Oundle International Festival.
- Inspiring classes on organs in and around Oundle and a day of classes in Cambridge
- The opportunity to hear a variety of performances in the Oundle International Festival, some of which will be by your tutors
- Comfortable accommodation, great pastoral care, and good food at Oundle School
- Plenty of fun with like-minded students – you’ll make friendships that last a lifetime
- An OfO Eucharist on Sunday 14 July, where students conduct, provide the organ music, hymns, and accompaniments
- Participation in a student choir at a Festival concert, and at the Eucharist
- An informal student concert on Sunday 14th July at 2.30pm in the Oundle School Chapel
- Instruction on improvisation, transposition, sight-reading, score-reading, hymn-playing and other keyboard skills which you will need for organ scholarship trials or church music jobs
Oundle courses are non-competitive. We aim to help you succeed by assessing your standard, progress, and potential. This helps us know how best to support you on the course and in the future. Following the Summer School each student receives a comprehensive written report from the Director of OfO, incorporating feedback from the other tutors. In addition, all students are eligible to receive Mentoring and Recital Awards. For further details of these, please see our website.
- Ann Elise Smoot
- Martin Baker
- Jeremy Filsell
- David Goode
- Ronny Krippner
- James McVinnie
- Anne Page
- Richard Pinel
Fees and registration
- £630 for applications received by 31 Jan 2019
- £685 from 1 Feb 2018
The fee covers everything – tuition, accommodation, meals, and transport during the week. For bursary information, see the back of the brochure.
What they say
‘My week at Oundle has been one of the most memorable of my life so far. Never before have I encountered so many young and like-minded people, and I have come away feeling that I have made some life-long friends.’ – 2018 Summer School student