- This event has passed.
Music Leader Training online course
October 11, 2021 - December 13, 2021
The 10-week online programme that will increase your potential as a music teacher.
- Starting: Monday 11 October 2021, online
- Fees: £597 discounted to £396 for MUSIC:ED users and members
About the course
The Music Leader Training Online Course is aimed at those who want to develop a career in community music leadership. It is a great opportunity for people who have a background in music and the arts, and want to increase their knowledge, skills and experience in teaching and working in the community arts sector. You can learn from home, on the go or anywhere you can connect with your laptop, tablet or mobile phone.
The course is unique and only offered by leading music training organisation Community Music. It is a great opportunity for people looking for new ways to earn money from their music and develop their career.
Successful completion of the course leads to the Education and Training (EaT) City and Guilds 7303 teaching qualification for the lifelong learning sector (previously a PTLLS qualification: Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector).
The course aims to provide a sound foundation in teaching and learning within a community arts setting, and explores a variety of subject areas including teaching methods, styles of learning, teaching repertoire and curriculum models. The programme is aimed at those who want to develop a career in community music and arts leadership.
About Community Music
Community Music has a 38-year history of training music leaders, and the course attracts people from the music & arts industry in many different fields. Previous students have included professional musicians, singers, producers, teachers, promoters and other business owners all seeking new skills and understanding of teaching in community arts.
Previous students are now working in schools, colleges, universities, prisons and arts and music organisations. Some have even gone on to set up their own companies.
A high percentage of graduates are now in employment, and over 95% of graduates said that their teaching confidence has increased as a result of completing the course.
Read what previous students think about the course!
Just wanted to check in and say a big THANK YOU. Since attending the course I’ve started my own business delivering music workshops for young children. After a hard first year, things have gone from strength to strength. My client roster is growing, feedback is great. I’m now working in schools and colleges and am loving it. Studying with CM sounds gave me the confidence, tools and understanding to make this happen, so I’m very grateful.
Lily – A previous student on the course
Benefits of the course
- Online platform and study from anywhere in your own time a desktop, tablet or mobile
- Improve confidence in yourself and your teaching, and pass your knowledge onto others.
- Explore various teaching styles and techniques to improve your versatility in a teaching situation.
- Trained specialist tutors provide expert knowledge and experience to draw upon.
- Easy to apply techniques make it simple to learn and move forward to a new career in music leading.
- Challenging learning that will keep you focused and engaged.
- Train online with other musicians and artists, and build friendships to support and develop creative ideas.
- Trained specialist tutor support across the full course and assignments.
- A unique course that is not provided anywhere else in the country, helping you get ahead in music tuition.
- 12 month instalment plans available with 0% finance
- BONUS: Learn digital marketing and branding techniques to increase your opportunities.
How to apply
For an application form:
- send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- call 020 7377 0621 or
- go to https://www.cmsounds.com/course/music-leader-training-online-course.28