LMFL (Language and Music for Life) Florence Summer Music Course 2020
August 9 @ 8:00 am - August 22 @ 5:00 pm BST
LMFL’s 2020 course in Florence is a specialised course by world renowned faculty for Advanced Level students, amateurs and professionals.
We welcome students from + 17 years old and upwards. We also welcome younger advanced students accompanied by at least one parent.
All students must be advanced level in at least one discipline, other choices can be at lower level.
The course will be hosted under the auspices of the Conservatorio Luigi Cherubin at the Villa Favard di Rovezzano which is the oldest part of the Conservatorio site, in the middle of a substantial, magical botanical park with roses and Cedar trees.
Villa Favard di Rovezzano has a large number of piano studios (including grand pianos), lots of music studios and a concert hall.
Florence/Firenze is the capital city of the Italian region of Tuscany and birthplace of the Renaissance. It is home to masterpieces of art and architecture and was at the heart of much of our entire Western musical tradition. It was here that the Florentine Camerata convened in the mid-16th century and experimented with setting tales of Greek mythology to music and staging the result—in other words, the first operas, setting the wheels in motion not just for the further development of the operatic form, but for later developments of separate “classical” forms such as the symphony.
This seems an ideal setting for our course where we can enjoy working in the midst of beauty, elegance and serenity.
- Music tuition for already constituted chamber music groups – new for 2020
- Instrumental and vocal tuition (includes Summer School choir, jazz vocal workshop, chamber music, string orchestra, individual coaching, masterclasses and concerts)
- Opera workshop
- Classical vocal workshop for children and teens
- About composition
- Arrival day: Sunday 9 August 2020
- Start of the course: 10 August 2020
- End of the course: 21 August 2020
- Departure date: 22 August 2020