Student: CHF 2,500
Incl. 5 hours private tuition, 14 days accommodation (single room), full board, free admission to all Academy’ activities, such as concerts and lectures; participation in concerts, practicing facilities.
Listener (2 weeks) CHF 1,700
Incl. 14 days accommodation (single room), full board, free admission to all Academy’s activities, such as concerts and lectures.
Listener (1 week) CHF 850
Incl. 7 days accommodation (single room), full board, free admission to all Academy’s activities, such as concerts and lectures.
Listener (1 day) CHF 30
Admission to the lessons, lectures and concerts of the day
The course fee must be paid within four weeks after the receipt of the letter of acceptance.
Applications are possible for the whole period only.
Applicants should fill in the application form online and must provide:
- a letter of recommendation from their teacher or another professional musician
- a cassette recording (audio tape, CD or DVD recording) (not required from former Academy students)
- the repertoire they desire to work on during the course (at least three different concert pieces)
- application fee of CHF 100.- payable to ‘Musical Discovery’ in a check or money order or via electronic transfer. The fee is exclusive of the course costs and is not refundable
Application deadline: 21 June 2019
- after June 21, 2019: half of the fee will be refunded
- after July 5, 2019: paid fee will not be refunded
The International Summer Piano Academy Disentis is a unique, intensive two-week educational program for young pianists.
The course aims to discover, to support and to promote young outstanding international pianists. Participants have an opportunity to develop their skills, to work on repertoire and to extend the results onto the concert stage.
The course brings together young pianists with professors, musicologists and leading journalists of the modern piano world. Over two weeks, the participants will get regular tuition, attend lectures, seminars and workshops; they will perform in house concerts and public concerts.
Some of the students will be recommended for participation in the concert series ‘Musik an der ETH’ in Zurich; most advanced students will also be able to receive financial support from our sponsors for their further education.
- Private tuition with renowned artists
- Workshops and lectures of the leading experts of the modern piano world
- Weekend workshop with Bruno Monsaingeon
- Concert opportunities
- Studying in the atmosphere of music and creativity
- Sport activities
- Accommodation with full board at the Disentis Abbey
- Exclusive location amidst the Graubündner Mountains at the sources of Rhein
Young pianists aged 15-35 presently studying or graduates of a music institution who wish to deepen their understanding of music and performing arts, to enlarge their knowledge of the process of music making and to widen their artistic horizons, those who have in view to make music their profession are welcome to take part in the work of the International Piano Summer Academy.
German, French, English, Russian. Working knowledge of one of these languages is required.
- The International Summer Piano Academy provides all students with accommodation (single room) and full board during the entire period of their staying at Disentis Abbey.
- Every student receives five one-hour individual lessons.
- Pianos are available for practicing.
- House concerts and public concerts will feature most advanced students. Participation in concerts is encouraged, though is not obligatory.
- The students have free access to all activities of the course including other professors’ lessons, lectures, seminars, to all house and public concerts, and to all sport facilities (hiking, tennis, badminton and ping-pong).
- The Abbey can accommodate members of the participant’s family for a period chosen: a subject of early booking; special charges apply.
The Academy welcomes everybody who is wishing to participate in its work as a listener. Listeners enjoy the same privileges as students; however, they do not receive private tuition.
Venue: Disentis Abbey
Founded in the 8th century, Disentis Abbey is today the spiritual and educational centre of the Upper Rhine Valley (Vorderrheintal). The location of the Abbey provides Summer School participants not only with a very special and inspiring framework for the course, but also provides the necessary background for both relaxation and concentration.
- Participants should arrange their travel to Disentis so that they are available at 15.00 on 21 July 2019, reparting at 10.00 on 4 August 2019.
- Travel costs are additional to course costs.
- The nearest airport is Zurich
- Train travel: as follows: Zurich – Chur – Disentis
- By car: Zurich – Chur – Disentis
For further details, please, consult your travel agent or www.sbb.ch.
Wiesliacher 40, 8053 Zurich, Switzerland
Visited 500 times, 4 Visits today