Illuminate Women’s Music is delighted to announce that in Season I the Boston-based piano trio Prism will be our performers in residence for our US concerts and London-based piano trio Ethel Smyth Trio will be our ensemble in residence for the UK composers. Each set of performers will be working with our composers in residence Angela Slater, Blair Boyd and Sarah Westwood as well as our Season I composers Kerensa Briggs and Laura Shipsey! These new works will be programmed alongside historical works including Morfydd Owen’s 1915 piano trio which has not been performed for the last two decades in its original instrumentation!
Illuminate Women’s Music presents a concert of music by women past and present performed by the Ethel Smyth Trio.
- Morfydd Owen (1891-1918): Piano trio (1915)
- Blair Boyd (b.1990): Undercurrent for piano trio (2019)
- Kerensa Briggs (b.1991): Forget? for piano trio (2019)
- Judith Weir: Piano trio two
- Sarah Westwood: Etching Circles
- Ruth Crawford Seeger: Study in mixed accents
- Laura Shipsey: Confluere
- Nicola Le Fanu: Piano Trio (2017)
- Angela Elizabeth Slater: Shades of Rain
- Lili Boulanger: D’un matin de printemps
- Ethel Smyth: Piano trio in D major (selection of movements)