- This event has passed.
ICMP Songwriting Summer School
August 5, 2019 @ 8:00 am - August 9, 2019 @ 5:00 pm£299
ICMP’s songwriting summer school is for creative songwriters to learn, create and connect with like-minded songwriters, through song creation and performance and inspirational teaching in our fantastic London facilities. Book now and start looking forward to creating great music this summer!
Music Production Summer School • Ages 16+
Our Music Production Summer School is the perfect opportunity to spend a week learning how to create your own music using either Ableton Live or Logic Pro. You’ll develop techniques including sampling, drum programming and mastering, and will finish the week knowing how to create and complete your own tracks.
Students have the option to focus on either Ableton Live or Logic Pro. If you’re not familiar with these platforms, Ableton is ideal for electronic music producers and Logic is more suited to traditional musicians. However, both platforms are extremely adaptable and will allow you to produce music in any style or genre you wish to pursue.
Guided by our specialist tutors, all active professional musicians and producers in their own right, you’ll be taken through the basics of the software platform and introduced to the techniques and processes involved in music production – from understanding the interface through to making beats, using samples and creating chord sequences and melodies.
Your week-long course will be a journey through the music production process, moving from recording and arranging, through to post-production. Essentially giving you the skills to create and produce finished compositions.
This exciting week of music production tuition will also include guest sessions exploring some specific elements of production, from deconstructing drum beats through to mixing and mastering.
By completing this course, you will:
- Gain a strong understanding of the capabilities of Ableton or Logic as a production and performance tool.
- Build your own tracks using samples and powerful in-built instruments.
- Create your own drum beats and samples.
- Understand the importance of adding swing and groove to bring your drum patterns to life.
- Create chord progressions, melodies and arpeggios.
- Create your own instruments using any source, allowing you to become independent from pre-made libraries.
- Understand how to mix and master your tracks.
- Ableton students will also understand the capabilities of taking their music into a live environment using Ableton Live.
Attend two ICMP Summer Schools
If you’d also like to attend our Music Performance Summer School which runs the week prior to this course, we can offer both courses as a package for £500.