- This event has passed.
How to get your project funded
November 28, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
About the session
Led by Nancy Hitzig, who has been a professional fundraiser over a decade in Canada and the UK.
Working in the arts, culture and heritage sectors, Nancy has raised millions for organisations and is deeply passionate about supporting a thriving creative class – particularly music makers, dancers and artists. She is also a trained musician and lindy hop dancer supports over 100 artists a year through her coaching practice and is a freelance fundraising consultant for charities.
- Cost of session:
- £20 freelancer rate;
- £35 organisations with annual turnover of less than £250k
- £55 organisations with annual turnover of more than £250k
This workshop will provide the basics for if you are starting to think about how to raise funds for your project or organisation.
We will cover:
- Different ways of generating income: trusts and foundations, donations, crowd-sourcing, matched funding, in-kind funding
- What funders are looking for
- Planning for fundraising in your project timelines
The course will be interactive and task-based.
Who is this session for
Organisations and individuals starting out with fundraising, for example musician/producers, project managers in music/arts, community music and arts organisation staff, animateurs, early years music practitioners.
Whatever your level of knowledge and understanding we will aim to adapt the content to meet your needs.
By the end of the session you will
- Gain knowledge, skills and understanding of fundraising
- Have an opportunity to get feedback on your ideas for fundraising
- Take away a fundraising toolkit
Tea and coffee will be provided.