Experiential Music Hackathon – New York
February 22 @ 11:30 am - 9:00 pm EST
About the event
A day exploring new ways of experiencing music beyond the auditory. Music we can taste, smell, touch and see. Interactive and immersive music that alters our experience of reality. From real-world applications and installations to the augmented and virtual. How can we utilize technology and other tools to re-imagine musical composition and performance?
This non-competitive hackathon will include talks, performances, and workshops featuring open source tools.
- Hosted at the new Navy Yard offices of weav.io, a startup building adaptive music experiences.
- Free and open to all (with RSVP!) – come learn, explore, create and share!
- Call for proposals (due 30 January)
- 11:30am – doors open
- 12:00pm – Talks
- 2:00pm – Workshops & Hacking
- 8:00pm – Demos & Performances