- This event has passed.
EPTA Piano Teachers’ Summer School
August 11, 2019 @ 8:00 am - August 16, 2019 @ 5:00 pm
The very first EPTA summer school will run alongside the hugely successful ESTA summer school at University of Chichester. In addition to a full programme of illuminating and in depth sessions delivered by Rowan Cozens and Anthony Williams the course will offer yoga, evening recitals and other events with ESTA members.
This fabulous summer school is a one-stop-shop for revitalising, refreshing and reenergising your teaching, whether you are new to the profession or an experienced teacher looking for inspiring CPD. It is perfect for those aspiring to teach the piano in the near future, those preparing for a diploma from ABRSM or EPTA or for those who simply wish to share and explore new ideas amidst the friendship and camaraderie of fellow musicians and teachers.
Rowan Cozens and Anthony Williams
- Day One: Introduction and a Philosophy of Teaching
- Day Two: First Lessons, Curriculum Planning, Technique in Context
- Day Three: Morning Diploma Sessions (CertEPTA, DipABRSM & LRSM), Principles of Good Technique and Trade Fair
- Day Four: Principles of Good Technique cont.
- Day Five: The Pianist as Interpreter & Interpreting Repertoire Across the Periods
- Day Six: The Art and Skill of Performing and the Professional Piano Teacher