- This event has passed.
Genesis Sixteen Conducting Scholarship 2021
June 1, 2021 @ 8:00 am - June 25, 2021 @ 5:00 pm
Applications for the 2021 Genesis Sixteen Conducting Scholarship are now open.
The scholarship is fully funded and offers young conductors the opportunity to be mentored by conductor Harry Christophers and associate conductor Eamonn Dougan, as well as the chance to work with some of the best young ensemble singers in the country. The scholar is given the chance to observe each course, sing with the choir, lead their own rehearsals and conduct several pieces throughout the year.
In order to apply for Genesis Sixteen Conducting Scholarship you must be:
- Aged between 21 and 28 on Sunday 5 September 2021
- A UK citizen / resident in the UK for the duration of the programme
- A postgraduate or graduate who is serious about conducting and has experience of conducting choirs
- Passionate about working with voices
- Enthusiastic about The Sixteen’s repertoire
- Some singing ability is an advantage as we find it beneficial for the scholar to sing with the choir when not conducting
- Available for all of the following course dates without exception:
Course 1: London
Sunday 5 – Saturday 11 September 2021
Course 2: Saffron Walden
Friday 5 – Sunday 7 November 2021
Course 3: London
Friday 4 – Sunday 6 February 2022
Course 4: Oxford
Sunday 10 – Saturday 16 July 2022
How to apply
Applications can be submitted until 5pm on Friday 25 June 2021.
To apply, please submit:
- A link to a video(s) of you conducting a choir in two contrasting pieces. The video(s) must be taken from an angle showing you clearly face on.
– we are aware in the recent Covid-19 climate that some applicants may find it difficult to fulfil this element of the application process if they don’t already have such material – if this affects you, please contact Jess on the email below to discuss this
- A covering letter with a few brief paragraphs on why you think you would be suited to the scholarship – please aim to keep this to one single-sided A4 page
- A music CV
- Two references to be sent directly from your chosen referees (not through yourself) to the email address below
Further details about possible auditions following your application will be sent to you after the application deadline has passed. If you are successful in gaining an audition, the auditions will be taking place in London on Monday 12 July 2021.
Please send your application and any enquiries to the Genesis Sixteen Manager, Jess Haig, at email@example.com.