- This event has passed.
Fundraising during challenging times
April 28 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pm£25 – £45
Grounded in a COVID-recovery context, this Sound Connections workshop will provide the basics if you are starting to think about how to raise funds for your project or organisation.
- In this session you will
- Learn about the funding landscape and what’s changed, in flux and what’s stayed the same
- Understand different ways of generating income: trusts and foundations, donations, crowd-sourcing, matched funding, in-kind funding
- Discover ways of thinking about expenditure and budgets (often the most important element to a funder)
- Consider who you or your organisation are, what you’re about and who you help
- Match all of these questions with what funders are looking for
- Planning for fundraising in your project timelines and being creative
Who is it for?
- This session is designed for organisations and individuals who are just starting out with fundraising, or who want a refresh of ideas. For example:
- Project managers in music/arts
- Community music and arts organisation staff
- Music Education Hub staff and leaders
- Workshop leaders/Animateurs
- Early years music practitioners
£25 – Individuals/freelancers; £35 – Organisations with a turnover of less than £100k; £45 – Organisations with a turnover of more than £100k*
We actively encourage teams from organisations to attend our training courses, to facilitate ongoing discussion and change in your workplace. Group discounts are available for organisations sending groups of 3 or more colleagues. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
*We have a number of bursary places available on our training programme for individuals who have lost income as a result of the pandemic or other circumstances. Please email email@example.com with a request for a training bursary.