With a wide range of usability, performance and quality improvements, Cubase 10 boasts new features and enhancements to its studio-grade audio and MIDI tools for composing, recording, editing and mixing.
Downloadable updates, upgrades, crossgrades and education versions are available through the Steinberg online shop and website while customers who have activated Cubase 9.5 editions and earlier versions since 15 October 2018 are eligible for a free, downloadable grace period update to the latest version.
Steinberg Virtual Reality
In addition, Steinberg Virtual Reality, a collective term for Steinberg’s VR initiative, introduces professional tools for producing Virtual Reality content — from audio capture to final mixing.
The VR production suite features an array of plug-ins and integrated functions, including:
- a third order Ambisonics bus
- an HMD connector for head tracking
- a fully integrated Binauralizer
- a VR panning device – included in the VST Multipanner
Cubase 10 – new features
New features include:
- VariAudio 3: Ultimate control of audio with more creative tools and Smart Controls to speed workflow [Pro]
- MixConsole Snapshots: Instantly recall different project mixes and settings to quickly compare mixes and add mix notes [Pro]
- Audio Alignment: Stack and match recordings quickly, easily synchronising them to a reference track [Pro]
- New channel strip: Redesigned Channel Strip offers better metering and functionality [Pro/Artist/Elements]
- 32-bit integer and 64-bit audio continues Cubase audio engine’s commitment to quality [Pro/Artist/Elements]
- Easy side-chaining: Quickly and easily set up side-chaining to make space in mixes or create distinctive effects [Pro/Artist]
- Groove Agent SE 5 brings a new user interface and improvements to the drum production tool [Pro/Artist/Elements]
- 5GB of high-quality sounds and loops from six acclaimed producers [Pro/Artist/Elements]
- AAF support: Exchange multimedia data with all the most commonly used applications [Pro]
- Distroyer: Add everything from subtle analog warmth to searing heat for mixes and individual instruments [Pro/Artist]
- Vintage Verbs for REVerence: Better management, smoother workflow and 20 new impulse responses [Pro]
- Latency Monitor: Know exactly where — and how much — latency is occurring [Pro/Artist/Elements]
- Full support for high-resolution displays under current macOS (limited support for Windows 10) [Pro/Artist/Elements]
- Effects in the Media Rack: Radical improvement of plug-ins workflow with drag and drop functionality and improved display [Pro/Artist/Elements]
- MPE support: Easy and convenient setup of MPE controllers [Pro/Artist]
- Improved editing to picture for video soundtrack production [Pro]
- ARA support: Forthcoming support for extended communications between ARA plug-ins and Cubase [Pro]
For more information about Cubase 10, please click here.