The winners of the 2018 Cremona Musica Awards have been announced.
Conductor, Valery Gergiev, violinist, Maxim Vengerov, writer, Alessandro Baricco, guitar luthier, Hermann Hauser III, and the Kuhmo Chamber Music Festival will all receive awards at Cremona Musica‘s upcoming international trade exhibition and festival, which runs from 28-30 September 2018 in Cremona, Italy, and includes Cremona Mondomusica, Piano Experience and Cremona Winds.
Cremona Musica Awards
Cremona Musica Awards and winners are as follows:
- ‘Performance – orchestra conduction’: Russian conductor, Valery Gergiev, is Artistic and General Director of the Mariinsky Theatre, where he leads the orchestra, opera and ballet companies
- ‘Performance – string instruments’: Violinist, Maxim Vengerov, has made a successful concert comeback after a long absence
- ‘Composition’: Georgian composer, Giya Kancheli, is an important figure in the history of 20th century music
- ‘Communication’: Italian writer, Alessandro Baricco, promotes classical music on his TV and radio shows
- ‘Guitars lutherie’: Hermann Hauser III, Director of Hauser Guitars, is Founder of the Hermann Hauser Guitar Foundation, which promotes research and education in the fields of guitar music and instrument manufacture
- ‘Projects’: Finland’s Kuhmo Chamber Music Festival features 100 concerts in 15 days and attracts 35,000 attendees. The award will be collected by Artistic Director, Vladimir Mendelssohn
Header photo: The winners of this year’s Cremona Musica Awards