CEOs, senior executives and representatives of China’s leading companies will visit Berklee College of Music in Boston, Massachusetts, next month for the Berklee China-US Music Summit.
The annual Summit will bring together top executives and artists from China’s rapidly growing music market from 1-2 December 2018 for a cross-cultural exchange of ideas with students and faculty of the College.
The private event is presented by Berklee’s Chinese Music Industry Club, led by current students Li Gao (President) and Saini Xie (Vice President), and Chinese Students and Scholars Association in collaboration with Asian Americans in Music and Entertainment (AAIME) and the Student Entrepreneurship Association.
Berklee China-US Music Summit
The Berklee China-US Music Summit will see more than a dozen senior executives from China’s leading music companies participate in panels exploring key differences and similarities between the Chinese and US music industries and identifying new opportunities for collaboration.
Topics will include differences in copyright laws, festivals and touring, business models for record labels, new media and technology platforms and the rise of C-Pop.
Throughout the weekend, students will have the chance to network with industry professionals and interview for internships and full-time jobs in China.
Speakers and panellists
Speakers and panellists will include:
- Rza Li, Creative and Production Director of Sony/ATV Music Publishing China and Founder of Nimbus Entertainment
- Steven Fock, CEO of China Music World (Group) Limited
- Linda Lee, Manager of Tia Ray
- Shan Hua, Managing Director of Sony/ATV Music Publishing China and EMI Music Publishing China
- Alan Deng, Director of Tencent Music Entertainment Group
- Billy Koh, CEO of Amusic Rights Management
- Shiwei Lu, music critic and entertainment journalist
- Yang Wei, Music Director of Weibo
- Lenny Wang, General Manager of United Entertainment Group
Berklee China-US Music Concert
The Summit will end with a public concert at Berklee Performance Center, during which Chinese soul-pop queen, Tia Ray, will be announced as an honorary Berklee Ambassador to China.
The Berklee China-US Music Concert Featuring Tia Ray will showcase an array of Berklee musicians with Tia Ray, performing Chinese and English songs spanning a range of genres – including soul, pop, R&B, funk and jazz – in a celebration that bridges the Chinese and American music industries.
For more information about the Berklee China-US Music Summit, please click here.
Header photo: Chinese soul-pop queen, Tia Ray, will perform in a special concert at the close of the Berklee China-US Music Summit © Tia Ray