The Association for Popular Music Education has announced a Call for Participation in its APME 2019 conference, Celebrating Diversity in Popular Music Education.
Held at New York University (NYU) from 12-15 June 2019, the conference is open to all current members of APME.
About APME 2019 conference’s Call for Participation
The APME 2019 conference welcomes proposals from a broad range of contexts and perspectives in the following categories:
- Papers – paper presentations run for 20 minutes plus 5 minutes for questions
- Pop 10 – the idea behind this 10-minute TED-talk-style presentation followed by discussion is to present one compelling idea quickly, similar to a ‘lightning talk’
- Panel Presentation – a 50-minute session on a single topic with multiple presenters
- Workshops – designed to share and inform with the opportunity for audience participation, workshops are either 20 or 50 minutes plus 5 minutes for questions
- Demonstrations – demonstration sessions showcase a technique, method, project, tool, resource, pedagogical idea etc and are scheduled for 20 minutes plus 5 minutes of questions
- Performances – performing groups or individual artists from any educational setting are encouraged to apply with performances limited to 40 minutes, including an additional 60-minute workshop with an APME clinician
The application deadline is 1 December 2018.
Header photo: APME’s mission is to promote and advance popular music at all levels of education both in the classroom and beyond