With more musicians than ever taking a DIY approach to their music, it’s essential that you know how to protect your rights and make money from your music from the very beginning.
MUSIC:ED partners, the Musicians’ Union, has created an essential checklist to support budding musicians, covering:
- What a Partnership Agreement is, and how to get one
- How to get a Songshare Agreement if you need it
- Where your royalties come from
- When to use a simple contract for session musicians
- What unique identifiers are and how to set them up
Photo credit: Shutterstock